Three hours away from kickoff of Saturday's MLS games. I've done worse. Here's the Week 5 Power Rankings which do not reflect last nights KC-DC game.
1. [LW 3] HOU Dynamo – (3W-1L-0D, 9pts, 2nd East / W vs. SJ 2-0) – In my opinion, the most complete team front to back in the East. Most organized, possess the ball well and they finish. And this isn’t anything new, they’ve been doing this for years.
2.  FC Dallas – (4-1-0, 12pts, 1W / W @ NE 1-0) – FC Dallas went for the win against New England and it paid off, Blas Perez off the bench this time supplying the winner.
3.  MTL Impact – (4-1-0, 12 pts, 1E / L @ KC 0-2) – Can’t win them all although that didn’t look like the same Impact team from the first four weeks.
4.  Columbus CREW – (2-1-1, 7pts, 4E / IDLE) – What happens when the Crew have an off week? They pile into a van and go to Medieval Times. Seriously, go find Steve Sirk’s article on TheCrew.com, its fantasic, I’d link it but it won’t work.
5.  LA Galaxy – (2-0-2, 8 pts, 3W / D @ TFC 2-2) – Great comeback from LA in Toronto. The question is why were you losing in the first place.
6.  Sporting KC – (2-1-2, 8pts, 3E / W vs. MTL 2-0 – The defense has been great, Jimmy Neilsen in goal has been solid. If they start scoring goals…
7.  Chivas USA – (3-1-1, 10pts, 2W / W vs. VAN 2-1) – The Goats have to be taken seriously now. They play a fun brand of soccer and they’re enjoying themselves while they do it. Great combination.
8.  Real Salt Lake – (2-2-1, 7pts, 4W / W vs. SEA 2-1) – The Western Conf. is all about survival and RSL did just that against Seattle. Very well designed play off the short corner that led to Luis Gil's game winner too.
9.  SJ Earthquakes – (2-2-1, 7pts, 5W / L @ HOU 0-2) – When they don’t score goals they look very ordinary and they barely even bothered Tally Hall’s goal in Houston.
10.  VAN Whitecaps – (2-2-0, 6pts, 6W / L @ CHV 1-2) – So the own goal of Jun Davidson’s back was unlucky and yes, that was the difference in the game, but Vancouver didn’t play well enough to earn a point in my opinion.
11.  NY Red Bulls – (1-2-2, 5pts, 6E / W vs. PHI 2-1) – Thierry Henry makes this team go and you could tell the winner was coming well before Henry slotted it home.
12.  DC United – (1-2-1, 4pts, 8E / IDLE) – They’re another team that needs to find some offense and take pressure off their keeper.
13.  PHI Union – (2-2-0, 6pts, 5E / L @ NY 1-2) – Looked gassed in the second half but to be fair, subbing on a player like Henry is difficult to deal with normally, let alone a tired backline.
14.  Toronto FC – (1-2-1, 4pts, 7E / D vs. LA 2-2) – Shame they didn’t get all three points against LA, they would’ve deserved it.
15.  SEA Sounders – (0-3-1, 1pt, 9W / L @ RSL 1-2) – Michael Gspurning can stop ‘em all guys.
16.  NE Revolution – (1-2-1, 4pts, 9E / L vs. DAL 0-1) – Haven’t scored in three weeks and Jerry Bengston is being left out to dry as a lone striker. Jay Heaps has an off week to figure out how to get his attack out of this funk.
17.  POR Timbers – (0-1-3, 3pts, 7W / D @ COL 2-2) – Sloppy draw, penalties everywhere, Portland needs to stop settling for draws and start getting wins.
18.  COL Rapids – (0-3-2, 2pts, 8W / D vs. POR 2-2) – Had a great chance for their first three points of the year but again the defense wasn’t great and gave away a penalty for the equalizer.
19.  Chicago FIRE – (0-3-1, 1pt, 10E / IDLE) – A Sunday evening matchup with New York is probably not what the doctor ordered after a week of rest.